On Your Side Every Step Of The Way

Brooke B. Tafreshi

Answers To Commonly Asked Questions About Car Accidents

Talking to an experienced attorney after a car accident is one of the best ways to get your questions answered. At Hannegan & Tafreshi Injury Law, P.C., we offer free initial consultations so that you can get case-specific advice and guidance with no fee or obligation.

On this page, our personal injury lawyers answer some of the questions potential clients most often ask. We know that every case and accident is different. We invite you to contact us with any other questions or concerns you may have about your specific situation.

Why should I get medical treatment for my injuries?

It is critical to seek medical care after a car accident for two reasons. First, you need a professional to assess and treat your injuries. Second, you need clear medical documentation of your injuries.

Ultimately, the insurance company for the at-fault driver, or your uninsured/underinsured coverage, should be responsible for your medical bills. However, that process can be delayed, and insurers may dispute your claims. You might have options to file a claim on your own auto or health insurance policy, depending on your plan, and your insurer can later seek reimbursement from the other driver’s insurer. If you do not have health insurance coverage, we can help you find treating facilities that accept a medical lien.

This can be a complex and stressful process, but the simplest advice is to seek the care you need right away, then contact an experienced attorney to discuss the next steps. You likely have more options than you realize.

How do I get my car fixed?

Getting money to fix or replace your car can be tricky and frustrating, and many personal injury lawyers don’t provide much help or advice. Our firm does. We can help you determine the best way to get an insurance payout for your damaged or totaled vehicle, loss of use of your vehicle and your deductible, and we will guide you through the process.

What are my options if I was hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver?

All vehicle owners in California are required to have insurance. Unfortunately, an estimated 17% of California drivers ignore this mandate, while others have insufficient coverage to adequately compensate your losses. In either case, you may still have options.

If your auto policy includes uninsured motorist (UM) coverage and the other driver was at fault, you can file a claim with your own insurance company. Please contact our office and see what options are available in your situation.

Why do I need a lawyer if insurers already offered me a quick settlement?

You are legally free to take a quick settlement, but it will likely be for an amount far less than what you need and deserve. Insurers want to resolve your claim as quickly and cheaply as possible, and they are not acting in your best interests.

When you hire a personal injury attorney, you’ll have a legal professional who knows what your case is worth, knows how to take on insurance companies and works directly for you. Even if your case ultimately settles (as most do), you are likely to receive a much higher settlement offer than if you didn’t have an attorney advocating for you.

Ask Your Own Questions During A Free Consultation

Hannegan & Tafreshi Injury Law, P.C., serves clients throughout the surrounding areas of Southern California. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us at 866-740-9460 or submit an online contact form.

Hablamos español.